Computer engineering is an engineering profession which possesses the training of an computer science, but also has credentials related to the field of Electronics engineering. The combination of the basic engineering skills that are the province of all engineers with an extensive knowledge of software design and implementation provides the computer engineer with a skill set that is very attractive in the business world today.
The mission of the Computer Engineering Department is to produce graduates having competence, conscience, and compassion, who are prepared to excel in the field of computing, whether their objective is to enter the workforce or to continue for advanced studies.
- To analyze, design, and evaluate computer systems, both hardware and software.
- To find themselves focusing on problems or challenges which result in new “state of the art” products that integrates computer capabilities.
- To work on the design, planning, development, testing, and even the supervision of manufacturing of computer hardware — including everything from chips to device controllers.
- Software programmer, Software Testing , Database Administrator (DBA)
- working with radar and communications technology
- supporting high performance and embedded computing systems for nuclear medicine;
- military software support;
- Designing new motors and sensors for robotic equipment.
- There is huge employment potential for computer engineer's in all sectors of industry.
- Good placement record in leading MNCs.