Our mission is to educate girls to become mechanical engineers and visioneers who are innovative, entrepreneurial, and equipped to become global leaders in research and technology.Our vision will be that:-
- Our graduates will be innovative problem solvers and critical thinkers addressing technical and societal issues.
- Our graduates will embrace professional development and lifelong learning relevant to their careers.
- Our graduates will have entrepreneurial and leadership roles in industry, government, and academia.
The objectives of Mechanical Engineering Department are to produce graduates such that the students will be able to demonstrate:-
- an ability to apply knowledge of mathematics, science, and engineering
- an ability to design and conduct experiments, as well as to analyze and interpret data
- an ability to design a system, component, or process to meet desired needs within realistic constraints such as economic, environmental, social, political, ethical, health and safety, manufacturability, and sustainability
- an ability to identify, formulate, and solve engineering problems
- an understanding of professional and ethical responsibility
- a recognition of the need for, and an ability to engage in life-long learning
- an ability to use the techniques, skills, and modern engineering tools necessary for engineering practice and research.
Mechanical Engineering is very old and well established core branch. It supports and provides the production and machining part of all other branches. Mechanical Engineers could work in many industries including private or public sector industries of various types. They can seek employment in government departments like Posts and Telegraphs, Defense, PWD, and CPWD. Other departments such as aeronautical, agricultural, automobile, chemical, and power plants, as well as the railways, need mechanical engineers to design and maintain their machinery. Mechanical Engineers also mostly required in automobile, chemical, electronics, steel plants, oil exploration and refining, technical wings of armed forces, space research organisation, etc. Candidates with post graduate degree or an additional management degree could find work in administrative and managerial positions in government departments or public and private sector industries. Those who interested in research activities can work with many public/private sector research organizations. These engineers also can choose teaching in technical institutions as a remunerative profession.